Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome!

I'm Dauphine Poole, a high school student.
I make art. I paint art. I draw art. I write art. I breath art. I live art. I think art. I am an artist.
I will try to stay faithful in this blog, as sadly, this is not my first time around the blog-block, so to speak. I have started and stopped close to a billion blogs, and frankly.... I'm sick of it. I want people to know who I am and what I do. So here goes another shot!

Now, let me introduce myself properly.
I am 16, but I'm not ignorant or naive; so if you are a pedophile, you'll have to look elsewhere for your prey. I got into art rather recently. Of course, I have always done crafts, as my mother is Queen of Creativity. But my personal talents and the like, really started developing this summer. I painted a pretty little picture of a girl and since then.... Well, lets just say art has become an obsession of mine.

I enjoy painting, a lot. I use watercolor (personal favorite) and acrylic mostly; however, for Easter I received a oil set. But I am too scared to use it just yet. I also just started drawing with charcoal, but tonight I drew one of the best girls I have ever drawn. I also sketch with my ebony pencil and I used to draw on EVERYTHING with sharpies. The thin ones to be exact. My sister, even now, walks around in a pair of white vans that I decorated for her....Which, if I do say so myself, are pretty nifty.

I take art lessons daily in school, and once a week with a small little art class hosted by the wonderful Ms. Green, whom I love dearly. I also tend to draw on every little scrap that comes my way. In school, I have had a teacher that pulled me aside to request that I stop doodling on all of my assignments. I grudgingly, obliged.

But besides art of the visual sorts, I write. I am pretty confident in my stories and poems... Well, as confident as one can be at 16. But hopefully, one day I will be known not only for my art but my writing as well. It is my dream for the name Dauphine Poole to be known in every household.... or at least most of them. Maybe along with my art, I will post little stories and poems I write.... but that's a big maybe. I hardly like sharing my work until I think it is positively perfect.


Hm, well I think that is enough for our first meeting. I wouldn't want you learning everything about me now and you not wanting to come back for more.... and more. So for the present, I bid thee a wonderful day or night. Depending upon time and location, of course.

Yours,

Dauphine

2 comments:

sara koshkievna said...

hey there! thanks for adding us to your list of favourite sites =D very much appreciated =D hope things are going well for you and your art

sara koshkievna said...

(i'm the balloon from stick n balloon, by the way O_o)